The traditional British Christmas. You’re either one of two people – you can’t get enough of the cheesy Crimbo tunes and eating turkey or you just want to get the month of December over and get back to reality. Love it or hate it it’s back again and here’s a rundown of what we love and what we hate about the most wonderful time of the year.
- Food – It always comes back to this really. A full-on, no holds barred, decadent Christmas roast with various different cooked animals is the absolute highlight. Turkey, ham, stuffing and the piece de resistance PIGS IN BLANKETS. You really can’t beat a good old Christmas feed-up. If you’re not in physical pain after through the amount you’ve eaten you’ve not done it right.
- Drink – It seems like December is one massive excuse to go for a drink. Work do’s, seeing family and friends. December is the time to catch up with people for a festive beer so head down to the pub to meet your pals for a few jars.
- Spending time with your family. Christmas is the time to come together with your family that you maybe haven’t seen in a while. Share gifts, share laughs, share memories. Although, let’s put a time limit on it.
- That period in between Christmas and New Year where no-one knows what day it is – this is probably one of the most relaxing times of the year – enjoy it.
Christmas is not without it’s drawbacks – sometimes it can get a little tiresome.
- Rubbish Christmas songs/films – just stick on the radio and you’re guaranteed to be listening to a Christmas ‘classic’ that has now been played for the 9th time today! Flick on the TV and there’s that Christmas film where someone discovers the ‘real meaning of Christmas’. Yawn.
- Spending way too much time with your family – by Boxing Day you now realise why you only meet up with these people once a year!
- Novelty gifts – At no point did I ever want to play mini-golf while I was on the toilet, but now I can – thanks Mum!
- Feeling like some sort of weird human/hippopotamus hybrid after eating and drinking and obscene amount.
Ok, we’re not really scrooges. It only comes once a year so we might as well enjoy it. Another year has come by and we at minicab.com say bring on the festivities and enjoy the period responsibly! Remember to book your taxi with www.minicab.com throughout the festive period!