Join us

Would you like to become a minicab.compadre?

We’re a family run business who support our drivers and pay weekly.  Join Croydon’s busiest growing circuit.

Drop us a line at [email protected] for admin work, or if you’re a driver fill out the form here.

Driver FAQs only engages self-employed sub-contracting drivers. We expect you to be registered with the HMRC and may require your UTR (Unique Tax Reference)

You can hire a vehicle from any car rental company of your choice and use it how you want, subject to suitable insurance. We do however have a number of our own vehicles to rent at very competitive prices.

You do not necessarily need experience of driving a private hire vehicle if you are enthusiastic, reliable, and have a good knowledge of the local area. You need to be able to read, write and speak good English. You will need a Transport for London private hire licence (formally known as a PCO licence) to accept bookings from ourselves and our partners.

You need to put the effort in to earn money. You work when you want, but remember the more journeys you complete the more money you will earn – ‘if the wheels aren’t turning you aren’t earning’

  1. The first is a priority service for account-based bookings. For these journeys, we will take your money for you, direct from your client and you will be paid weekly in arrears. Account work will be credited and paid directly into your bank account on a Wednesday unless there is a Bank Holiday.
  1. Secondly, there are cash bookings. For these journeys, the passenger will pay you your money directly, in cash, when you have completed the journey. These bookings will include a booking fee, which we will take from your account payments.
  1. Thirdly, Credit/Debit card bookings – Customers can download the App and register a Credit/Debit card, any transaction will show on the drivers Account Credit Sheet. Customers are also able to pay for their cash work via the ‘Sum Up’ terminal in the car.

Our current commission charge is 20% – this is reviewed regularly to ensure we are competitive. We do offer promotional rates from time to time, please enquire for further information.

Yes, it is the driver’s responsibility to ensure that his vehicle always contains enough fuel to complete each journey. Remember this cost is an expense that is wholly claimable in your tax return.

Maps are available through our app on android.

Before accepting any bookings from, you will need to provide us with your driving licence, your PCO licence (Paper & Badge), you National Insurance CARD OR Proof of National Insurance, a UTR (Unique Tax Reference) and proof of address i.e. Bank Statement, Utility Bills clearly showing your current address. A current photo will be taken on your enrolment.